Certificate Course in Green Building Certification Systems
The coursework modules are designed to help students, graduates and professionals to effectively communicate and handle green building certification processes. Live project work additionally provides a golden opportunity to work with certification agencies and aims to evaluate the sustainability quotient of construction projects. This amalgamation of theoretical knowledge with live field work involvement would help the learner stand out with first hand field experience. Lastly, a certificate would add value in the projects invested. After the course work, candidate can appear for certification exams of various green building rating systems with ease.
Duration: 12 weeks
Time commitment: 10-12 hours /week
Mode: 100% online (self paced study). On demand learning accessible 24×7.
Who should study: This course is designed for practicing professionals such as architects and engineers. However, students (architecture, engineering, business, etc.) with a strong interest in sustainability and in good academic standing should also take this course.
Student Learning Objectives
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Appear for the accredited professional exam for IGBC, LEED, GRIHA, GEM, etc.
- Understand and communicate different aspects of green buildings to clients, colleagues and others.
- Prepare documentation for green building certification systems such as GRIHA, IGBC, LEED, GEM, etc.
- Analyze information given by stakeholders to verify applicability and identify gaps for correction
- Guide the design, construction and management teams with respect to the green building certification process
- Interact with certification agencies, handle objections, fulfill minimum requisites, manage risk
- Recommend appropriate technical and managerial solutions for the achievement of green building certifications
The following three tracks are offered:
- Coursework (Basic): self paced learning
- Coursework + Certification (Intermediate): formal certificate provided after clearing final exam
- Coursework + Certification + Live Project (Advanced): candidate works on live projects with green building experts to get first hand experience and feedback on project requirements of all stakeholders.
Once selected, the track cannot be changed at a later date without the express permission of the instructor. Candidates selecting an advanced track are mentored separately at each stage and it is advisable to select the right track early on to avail the full benefits of an advanced track.