* Synapse Award for "Best Qualitative Contribution" by an employee: Buro Happold (November 2010). Selection from 1700+ employees in different international offices of the company.
* First Prize at Research Fair during the USC Graduate & Professional Students Appreciation Week (April 2009)
* Best Poster Award and travel scholarship at the SimBuild Conference at University of California, Berkeley (2008)
* Audience Award in the USC School of Architecture YouTube Video Competition (May 2009)
Anupam and his team's contribution has been primarily to integrated design of sustainable buildings, masterplanning projects, as well as to policy planning and development. Most recently, he has been working on capacity building and development of innovative solutions for the industry. He has collaborated on a number of complex projects with interdisciplinary teams across the globe. In 2010 he was awarded the international Synapse Award for "Best Qualitative Contribution".
An advocate of environmental design, Anupam studied Building Science at the University of Southern California, USA, and Architecture at Sushant School of Art & Architecture, India. Anupam is also the Co-Chair, Emerging Professionals Committee of USGBC Los Angeles where he leads a group of about 25 volunteers. In 2011 the US Green Building Council recognized Anupam as a Chapter Leader as part of its National Leadership Academy.
Actively engaged within the research community, Anupam is the author of several papers and publications. He has chaired technical sessions and presented at various conferences - most notably at IBPSA-USASimBuild 2010 New York, IBPSA-USA SimBuild 2008 Berkeley, ASHRAE SoCalTechnical Speaker in Los Angeles, Passive & Low Energy Architecture (PLEA)Conference in Quebec, and Society of Building Science Educators Retreat in Las Vegas. However, he has always aimed at converting theoretical knowledge and wisdom to practical solutions to real-world problems.
Research & Public Speaking:
* Invited Speaker on water technologies at ASHRAE-Southern Californiamonthly meeting (Jan 2011)
* Paper presentation, technical session chair, competition finalist: SimBuild: New York (Aug 2010)
* Poster, paper presented at Passive and Low Energy ArchitectureConference: Quebec (Jun 2009)
Anupam has previously worked with:
* RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University, Noida, India
* EDS (Environmental Design Solutions Pvt. Ltd)., India
* USGBC (United States Green Building Council), USA
* Buro Happold Consulting Engineers, Inc., USA
* Morphogenesis Architecture Studio Pvt. Ltd., India
* Arcop Associates Pvt. Ltd., India